Large Scale Central

Great Train Expo Jan 30-31 Costa Mesa CA

Great Train Expo Jan 30-31 Costa Mesa CA

FYI the all scale GTE will be at Costa Mesa CA next weekend the 30-31. Looks like a big show, two buildings, last time it was there it was only one building.
General info:
http://trainshow.com/about/

Holy Carp was it crowded today! You could barely walk through the halls today, I had tons of families, tons of kids lots of questions. This weekend I brought two smaller pizza layouts, both 24" square, both G guage, many minds blown.

Expect more people came today because of the rain forecast for tomorrow. Probablyalot calmer tomorrow.

Well I thought Sunday would be quiet due to the rain… WRONG. Sunday seemed to be almost as crowded as Saturday! Again a lot of families, lots of questions. I even had one guy giving me the Shark Tank pitch that I should be selling mini-layouts at the shows. Interesting-but I just can’t really see that as being worth the labor effort and material costs or there being any serious interest. To date many have asked if I was a seller but no one has ever actually pitched me any offers.

Great show, using the mini pizzas allowed me to get in and get out faster than ever, and the minis were just as popular as the Borracho. Did have two flubs, Saturday the Bachmann powerpack on the Angry Beaver decided to stop working two hours into the show leaving me to frantically search the vendor stalls for one, not a single large scale vendor had any. I lucked out finding and LGB pack at a Lionel stall. Wheeuuh! Then Sunday morning I had no power, a few minutes before the opening the staff found someone had thrown the wrong breaker.

Besides the powerpack and two G figures, I didn’t buy anything, sad to say there was really little G. Hans and BridgeMasters carrying the flag.