Large Scale Central

New LGB Forney 27253

Just picked up one of the new LGB Forney locomotives (Made in Hungary), always wanted one and for some reason never bought one until now.

Gave it a quick look over and test run at lunch today, so far so good.

I am very pleased with the new products (so far) that I have purchased from LGB, fit / finish / colors all seem as good (or better) then my older German made LGB product. I know time will tell on if they will stand up to the German made ones but as I have mentioned in a few other posts I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything new from LGB.

Runs nice, smooth and quiet!

And I also like that on all of the new LGB locomotives I have purchased they include the knuckle style coupler, always had to buy them separate before.

A good looking engine! I have an earlier one… Put a lot of miles on it and didn’t baby it… But did we are it out.

I do not know why it has a generator on it with the oil headlights. It is too small too.

Yes, I have one too, and it is small, but small steam rules here. It can really pull though, it can keep pace with my moguls on my grade if I want it to.

I have one of the older ones as well. Runs great and when I do run track power that’s my to go to engine.