Large Scale Central

ECLSTS 2016

Just to help start EVERYONE’S planning for the new year, and to set up this topic for discussion…

The official dates for this SPRING show, are Friday, March 25th, and Saturday March 26th…so you can make your reservations at Wyndham Gardens Hotel…The place that Large Scale Central calls home, away from home, during the show.Closest Hotel to the show…

The place where you don’t have to drive to the “Drag & Brag”, and can enjoy the commradery with friends, along with a bheer or three, and not drive after the fun.(There is always an “Early Arrivers’ Party”, at the hotel bar, near the front desk, on Thursday afternoon/evening, at the Wyndham Hotel)

The FAMOUS "LSC Drag& Brag’ is held in a large private room, at the hotel…everyone is welcome…starts late Friday afternoon, and ends around midnight, or whenever everyone fades…!!

Tables and chairs, and a large tray of ice are provided. Bring your own refreshments (Bheer, Whine, and soda)…a small donation, of around $10 (Ric and Jan can correct me on this figure) is requested per person to pay the cost of the room.

Bring out your models, and show everyone what you are working on, and are proud of…even humorous stuff is appreciated…meet friends…share ideas…

Will we see you there this coming year ? Are you going to put it off again…Why…?

The Wyndham Gardens Hotel,

1-(717) 846-9500 Front desk…Show rate, is $90 per night, plus taxes…mention code : ECL. (Includes a good breakfast)

(Remember if two share a room, they can split the price between them, making it only $45 each, plus a share of the tax)

I have just booked my room…(They will adjust the rate to the special rate, in the new year, if you book now to guarantee your room, and call back then) They now have an elevator to the second floor…

Fred Mills

We plan on attending, not sure how the show will fare next year being on Easter weekend.

Already know of one vendor not attending, hope many others don’t back out.

Thanks Fred for the heads-up to that hotel rate.

Sounds awesome, but budget at this time still says no to a return trip to ECLSTS. :frowning:

…Already know of one vendor not attending, hope many others don’t back out.

Other than the church-related aspect of the weekend is there some other event that occurs down in the states on the easter long weekend ? Personally I would just ferret out another church to attend a service (or two) in York. imho

doug c

But Doug, How will the Easter Bunny find you?

Priorities!

John

The ECLSTS has “Happened” on an Easter weekend before, I understand…so stop breeding pessimism; instead come on out and enjoy the fun. The shows like this can do more good for Friendship, and peace, by bringing people together in the wonderful hobby of Model Railroading.

Start planning today, and plan to join in the fun in THE ALCOVE, at the show, and at the Drag & Brag at the hotel…if you have never taken part; you will never know what you are missing…come out and share your experiences, and knowledge, while making new friends.

By the way; if you do not drink alcohol, the bar at the hotel has soft drinks, tea, coffee and water. The “Early Arrival Party”, at the hotel is NOT a drunken affair…neither is the D&B…

Fred

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD (Hons) said:

The ECLSTS has “Happened” on an Easter weekend before, I understand…so stop breeding pessimism; instead come on out and enjoy the fun.

Fred

Not breeding pessimism, just stating a fact.

And already said, we were attending.

GREAT…I look forward to your great company…

Fred

Fred,Father,Padre

Shut up and let your thread flow!

I personally am looking forward to 2016 ECLSTS

is that a “shut up Fred” from “shut up rooster” ? hahaha

Greg

Good idea…!!

Reservations made, Fred… Thanks so much for the reminder… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I plan on being there, as always, even though right now, life is getting in the way of doing anything even remotely railroady.

Hang in there, Bob.

I am starting on my D&B project. It will take that long. I will also be bringing all of my Bachmann stuff for sale, it is the wrong scale. Will list particulars later. And if my Western Maryland FA-1 doesn’t sell, I may end up bringing that.

Ill be skipping this year. With a baby on the way in March will be too much plus going for just the day was too much.

WE ARE GOING!!!

Well, me and ig and Ken the GFT, that is.

See some of you there, eh?

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

“The “Early Arrival Party”, at the hotel is NOT a drunken affair…neither is the D&B…”

Says the man who can drink almost everyone under the table… :wink:

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD (Hons) said:

The ECLSTS has “Happened” on an Easter weekend before, I understand…so stop breeding pessimism; instead come on out and enjoy the fun. The shows like this can do more good for Friendship, and peace, by bringing people together in the wonderful hobby of Model Railroading.

Start planning today, and plan to join in the fun in THE ALCOVE, at the show, and at the Drag & Brag at the hotel…if you have never taken part; you will never know what you are missing…come out and share your experiences, and knowledge, while making new friends.

By the way; if you do not drink alcohol, the bar at the hotel has soft drinks, tea, coffee and water. The “Early Arrival Party”, at the hotel is NOT a drunken affair…neither is the D&B…

Fred

Not only Easter but Passover as well that weekend. Then there was also the snowstorm that chased the New England guys home!

LAO

I’m sure that we’ll be forgiven by whichever deity it is that you worship for having a good time with friends, old and new. I seem to recall that Jesus reportedly enjoyed a good knees-up at a wedding. I’m also sure that he’d enjoy meeting up with a good-natured bunch like us.

So whether it’s Easter, Passover or Pastafarian Noodly-ness, join in and be welcome.

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

No reason to think we won’t be there.

I thought we started a thread on this, right after the last ECLSTS? But this one works.

The Friday Night LargeScaleCentral Drag and Brag is all scheduled, contract signed and ready to walk in the door.

Here it is Fall, we get through Winter and when York happens, its SPRING.

Just had a natter with Fr Fred about the revised arrangements, and it seems that I’m now going to arrive in the Big O on monday pm. The next day will be spent getting used to civilisation again, and pestifying Mr Scobie for a look at his layout.

If anybody is in the neighbourhood that day, who isn’t going down to York, I’d be very happy to meet with you. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Might even bring something along to the B&D - you never know.

Best to all.

tac, ig, ken the GFT and The Mt Gleep Sunshine Choirboys.