Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC
  • Topic: New Zimo system

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 27, 2016 11:59 AM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Greg

I visited Dan last night  and he was showing me his new toy!

WOW that is one nice unit .. does so much ...

I hope you enjoy it!

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• January 30, 2016 1:02 PM EST

•  
      • Thanks

I am.... I got a second set of connectors from Train-Li, and I just unplug the unit from outside and plug it in (with the stock power supply) in my shop to play with it.

I also came up with a nice simple charging system using a small supply and an inexpensive digital amp meter, so I don't need to drag the cabs out to the MX10 to charge them. I also found I could charge at a much lower voltage than the 30 volts on the CAN bus, less heat in the cabs same recharge time.

It's not cheap, but a very flexible system, and I've found having the turnouts on the same screen as the loco and using the touch screen to toggle them makes that part easier than any other DCC system. Controlling turnouts has always flummoxed many people, the NCE was very easy but this is easier and I can also look at the cab and see the alignment of a turnout without being there.

Since my layout is on 3 sides of a house, that's very helpful.

Are you considering getting one?

Greg

This post was edited by Greg Greg Elmassian at January 30, 2016 1:05 PM EST

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• February 1, 2016 10:44 AM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

I don't think so.

It's beyond my brain capacity.

Also at this point in time I'm not running trains very often .. just to maintain the track.

Dan is just down the street and I can always go experiment with his!

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• December 28, 2016 5:26 PM EST

•  
      • Thanks

Well, a last minute software update has finally yielded consisting... was able to run a 4 unit consist yesterday.

Still only universal consisting, and cannot "turn" locos to run backwards without resorting to tweaking the direction bit in CV29, but finally my switch decoders work and the consisting is useable...

Time to start outfitting my locos and trains... need more QSI decoders...

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• December 29, 2016 8:46 AM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Wouldn't Zimos work better?

My u-tube  My Vimeo

• December 29, 2016 11:29 AM EST

•  
      • Thanks

No, this is Universal Consisting, and it works irrespective of any advanced capabilities of the decoder.

I do want Advanced Consisting, which has additional features.

But in either case, this is a shortcoming of the firmware in the Zimo controller, not the decoders.

You might want to read the part on consisting at the bottom of this page:

http://www.elmassian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:dcc-systems&catid=55:dcc-general&Itemid=131

Regards, Greg

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google