Large Scale Central

simple locomotive sounds

Hi guys has anyone tried using portable Bluetooth speakers in G scale model locomotives controled from a smartphone for horns / whistles etc any info would be a great help cheers Tod.

I went so far as to buy speakers that would fit in boxcars and looked up various movies on Youtube and how to turn them into soundtracks… I use a site called http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ …but that is as far as I got. The speakers make great, truly great, sound but I couldn’t get the Bluetooth thing working correctly, but it’s on my list and I’ll enlist one of my sons to help with the technicalities. My goal was simply to have the sounds of a train following the locomotive around. It wouldn’t be tied to the specific actions of the locomotive and train (like chuffing in sync and all like that) but rather train soundtracks I like to hear. I would go as far as steam or diesel, but that’s about as specific as I need to get for my purposes.

Let me know how you make out; I’ll be following this discussion.

Ok have tested it this morning in my electric locomotive and wow ive got a Nathan P3 sound my neighbors can hear 3 houses away