Large Scale Central

it is like it loses its cruise control

I all, I have a NCE Power Pro system and use it with and older QSI Quantum Magnum G scale decoder. I have and issue when I address the QSI loco, set it to a speed, then address another loco. When I re-address the QSI loco it slows to a stop and I have to increase the speed back to where I had it (it is like it looses its cruise control). This does not happen if I use the NCE recall button, only when I re-address the QSI loco. Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

When you readdress it, is the controller possibly telling it the speed is zero? You said if you recall it, it works fine. That suggests that it “knows” the speed when it recalls the loco address, but addressing it like its a new acquisition, it may be starting from a dead stop, or so it thinks.

Yes David I think your right. Is there a setting I am missing, either in the decoder or the NCE system which will allow it to maintain speed weather using the recall button or selecting the locomotive directly? Seems like if you didn’t have the recall button you could not simultaneously ring the bell on one loco and play the whistle on another loco without stopping.

Thanks for your response Dave

Steve

Steve, I am a novice when it comes to DCC. The clubs I belong to run Digitrax, so my knowledge of other systems is very lacking. I am sorry I cannot be of more help.

Dave thanks for trying. The NCE Yahoo group says its a safety matter, so the cab is always in-sync with the loco and the recall button can do this for up to six locos. I guess the recall button can keep six in-sync.

Happy RR

Steve

Steve, it is working as intended… that is why the recall button is larger than the rest of the buttons!

When you re SELECT the loco, you are starting back at zero speed… if you must re SELECT the loco, then quickly thottle up.

Some systems handle this differently, for example the Zimo system has a slider for throttle, but it has LEDs to tell you what the speed was before you re SELECTED it, and you can move the slider to match.

The NCE with 6 recall “memories” works fine if you don’t re-SELECT the loco.

Greg