Large Scale Central

Profile Pic Size?

I have not changed my profile pic since I signed up for the forum and now I cant get it to fit properly, what size does it need to be?

if you right click on the image, it says your picture of 200 x 105 is scaled to 162 x 85 … try that size…

I scaled mine to 100 x 85…

This did happen a bit ago…

Greg

Not having any luck, had Joe Z trying to help also and nothing.

When a pic is shrunken down to a size that should fit it loads fuzzy… and still doesn’t fit correctly.

Oh well, at least part of my pic shows :slight_smile:

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Not having any luck, had Joe Z trying to help also and nothing.

When a pic is shrunken down to a size that should fit it loads fuzzy… and still doesn’t fit correctly.

Oh well, at least part of my pic shows :slight_smile:

I think the issue is width, not height. Try this one at 100x52. I can’t fix the fuzzy unless you have a higher resolution source file for me to work with.

Jon,

We tried sizes down to 85 px wide and Vinny still has no luck.

OK - Did you (or Vinny) use the Edit button to choose what part of the picture is used for he thumbnail?

It can be tricky, but it can be done.

Greg

Daktah John said:

OK - Did you (or Vinny) use the Edit button to choose what part of the picture is used for he thumbnail?

Tried and failed, I just have no luck with anything lately!

Greg Elmassian said:

Greg

So please share what you did?

Greg Elmassian said:

Greg

So I just copied your pic and the size was 200 x 208 which is larger then I was using and it works… I don’t get it, but thanks!

Turns out that the system INSISTS on a pretty much square image to start with.

Your image was too wide, so when you took a square out of it, you did not get your entire logo, which is about twice as wide as it is tall.

I made a new jpg, a big black square, then pasted your image into it, now I could “take” a square out of it that was tall enough to get your full width.

The system scales it down but it must fit a square. My previous information was wrong, which I discovered after playing with it.

You might be able to “tighten” the square a bit to get the logo as big as possible.

Update: I played with the picture more and cropped the sides as close as I could to expand the picture. I did some other stuff too.

Copy this one…

Regards, Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Copy this one…

Regards, Greg

Thanks Greg!

I’m glad you finally got it in there with Greg’s help.

Yes; thanks Greg. You went the one step I was unwilling to do - actually try it in your own profile. I didn’t want to screw up mine after I finally got to look right. I didn’t remember having to do a square crop, but that’s it for sure.

You are more than welcome!

Trust me, it was pretty weird… and the software does not always display what the configuration screen shows.

But one thing is for sure, the “crop window” is ALWAYS perfectly square when you are setting/editing…

OK, so back to my old avatar!

Greg

Now yours is broke Greg! Exactly why I didn’t want to experiment using mine.

Greg, I was wondering why you now had the West Shore Railway yesterday…this explains it (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

I had 2 windows open to LSC, one with this thread, and one where I was changing the picture… change it… go to the other window, force a browser refresh (control r in firefox)… and deduce how the crazy thing works.

There more interactions, as seen by my current avatar… crazy…

Greg

After Greg’s tip, I changed my profile picture.

I don’t think I fiddled much with mine when I loaded it. It started as this photo but was cropped by the software to a square shape.