Large Scale Central

G Scale Drive-in Move

I have a couple of dead laptop computers with good screens. Anyone have any ideas how to connect the display monitor from a laptop to a portable DVD player?

I think you’d have to take it apart and “hard wire” it.

RALPH

There are kits you can order to convert old laptop displays into monitors. this is a great idea!

Our club used an old style TV/VHS/DVD combo setting on the corner of our modular layout for years, until it finely croaked. We then replaced it with a flat screen TV and a DVD player, we set up a drive-in movie on that corner, and have showed DVD layout tours ever since. Great idea, especially with a lot full of autos and the trains going by.

Yup Steve, thats what I was thinking.

Steve,

Being as most of my running is done at shows where attracting the children is the order of the day, I was more thinking the trains passing the theater with Thomas the Tank Engine in the ‘movie screen’.

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

Steve,

Being as most of my running is done at shows where attracting the children is the order of the day, I was more thinking the trains passing the theater with Thomas the Tank Engine in the ‘movie screen’.

Make it so. I just gave you the classic example from O. Winston Link.

Thats a cool idea Bob. That would add a very interesting and appealing visual element for the kids. Wish I could help you figure it out but I am no help.

A linkhttp://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Convert-a-Laptop-LCD-into-an-External-Monit/?ALLSTEPS