Large Scale Central

Sound card

Can anyone identify this sound card?

No, but I would like to know too. I have a card that looks very much like that in a used locomotive I bought

This was mounted in a Bachmann box car. The grey wires go to the speaker, the orange wires to the trigger under the car, the red wires go to I don’t know. It has a hookup for a 9V battery. installed battery and nothing happens.

I know I’ve seen that trigger arrangement before, but I’m not placing the board. It could possibly be one of those cow/chicken/sheep sound boards, but the ones of those I’m familiar with use a motion-sensitive switch on the board itself, not a trigger that hangs down below the car. (That, and since the board says “sound of train,” it’s probably an indication that it’s not an animal sound card.)

In terms of the extra two red wires, are they connected to that little square black thing at the very top of the card? That looks like it might be a bridge rectifier, and if the two red wires are connected to that, my guess would be that those are for track power into the board. I can’t see the components on that part of the board clearly enough to tell what they are.

Sorry that’s not much help. I’ll have to poke through some early GRs and see if anything clicks.

Later,

K

It’s not from a Bachmann ten-wheeler tender ?

Louis, I believe that is a very old PH sound card… A very old one… Does it work???

I get no sound at all.

Louis… My suggestion would be to discard that sound system and install a newer technology one… There a a number of very good ones on the market today…