Large Scale Central

More how-to info?

The improvements in LSC are appreciated.
Unfortunately, I am not able to bring up the HOME page.
The FORUMS section does activate --obviously, as I am using it now.
Any thoughts on the HOME page being elusive? I use Windows 7.
Meanwhile, I am curious as to the Thanks, Thanked, and Reputation notations and apparently a number reference given to many of us.
How does that work? (Likely the HOME page explains it).

Any computer remedies welcomed – plus my lack of data on the notations.

Thanks,
Wendell

Wendell, you may be using an old link… if you are here in the forum, does hitting the HOME link in the black bar work?

Greg

Greg-
Thanks for input. Nothing but a blank screen for clicking on the black bar “HOME.”

Sequence options I have used:
Google - then Large Scale Central - then click “HOME” from the choices and a blank screen come up. IF I choose FORUMS then I do get the choices of forums. Further, IF I use my “favorites” and click LSC, I get the black bar with the choices and clicking “HOME” gives me the blank screen. Again, IF I click Forums the choices come up.
Sigh…

Meanwhile, any insight on the three catagories. My curiosity is overriding the computer problem. I note Greg got a “3” in the reputation area. If “3” is better than a “2”, I’ll give him a 5.

Any other insights welcomed!
Thanks,
Wendell

I don’t have Wendell’s problem, but I do have the message here, and on chat, over-riding the screen…I have corrected it on my first postings to the forums,

but Iby editing, but I can’t do anything about it on the chat. Is this a correction to be made on my end, or is it on the web page…?

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD (Hons) said:

I don’t have Wendell’s problem, but I do have the message here, and on chat, over-riding the screen…I have corrected it

on my first postings to the forums,

by editing, but I can’t do anything about it on the chat. Is this a correction to be made on my end, or is it on the web page…?

Wendell, I’d check your Java and Flash versions… I’m not sure if they are used here on the site, but easy to check, both are in your control panel.

Next I would try a different browser… Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome…

Greg

I don’t have Wendell’s problem, but I do have the message here, and on chat, over-riding the screen…I have corrected it

on my first postings to the forums,

by editing, but I can’t do anything about it on the chat. Is this a correction to be made on my end, or is it on the web page…?

You can fix it on your end, Fred. (and maybe Jon already explained it), Use the “CTRL” and -,+ keys to change the magnification on your screen.

I have a way to do it on my browser, but this way is a lot simpler.

I think your advice has worked for me, Ken, or should I say, Jon’s advice. It does make the text a bit smaller, but I think I can handle it.

Thank you both

Fred, as we age our monitors need to get bigger Laughing- and a magnifier mouse doesn’t hurt either :slight_smile: I have the biggest monitor that will fit in the opening of my computer desk and I still have a hard time seeing things. I use the browser zoom a lot and I miss my magnifier mouse - it’s right click wore out and it’s been discontinued. They are still out there as new-old-stock but the price has gone way up.