Large Scale Central

An excellent job on a nice update

I really like what I see. Now it’s time to do a bit of exploring.

Again, THANK YOU Bob!

A bit more than 24 hours playing with this and I am very impressed.

I’ve been through upgrades at other sites where not only does everyone start over, but the improvements are negligible or non-existent.

With this upgrade, EVERYTHING is still here. All of our old posts, articles, and whatever. Sure, there’s still a few items (like Mark All Read) that I’d like to have, but I am confident that Bob will get those fixed or implemented soon. After all, look how quick the conversion was!

Plus, I really like the improvements. I still have a bit to learn, but I sure do like how the search function can help me out.

Thanks again Bob for not only not giving up on us, but for providing a nicer site.

What Bruce said!!!

Great job Bob CoolWe all appreciate that you’re getting too little sleep this weekend. And the speed at winch you are addressing small issues is amazing.

A quick observation on that Send Me Notifications check box. It sees to be checked the firts time I post in a topic, but if I un-check (or Stop Watching) it it stays un-checked for that topic.

Daktah John said:

A quick observation on that Send Me Notifications check box. It sees to be checked the firts time I post in a topic, but if I un-check (or Stop Watching) it it stays un-checked for that topic.

Oh, that makes even LESS sense.

/me bangs head on desk

Wish it would stay unchecked fer me…Embarassed

If it helps, Bob, here is what I have experienced.

On topics I have started, the box “Send me notifications when other members reply to this topic.” is UNCHECKED.

On topics I have NOT started, the box is CHECKED.

Bruce Chandler said:

If it helps, Bob, here is what I have experienced.

On topics I have started, the box “Send me notifications when other members reply to this topic.” is UNCHECKED.

On topics I have NOT started, the box is CHECKED.

And sometimes it stays checked, sometimes not, and I don’t think that I’ve done anything differently. It’ll sort itself out, or I’ll learn what to do. No worries. Right now, the box is not checked as I click the post button.

Bob, don’t bang your head on the desk, you might harm the desk. Wink

Actually Bob, for all the upgrades done, there are relatively few problems left, or few that I can see from my chair. The other pesky problems I am sure you will iron out over time. And I also am glad that you didn’t just chuck the whole thing.

Thanks Bob.

Well done, Bob… The site looks great… CoolLaughingI like the smaller smilies…

Stan Cedarleaf said:

Well done, Bob… The site looks great… CoolLaughingI like the smaller smilies…

Same here! Main advantage: they’re not blue InnocentInnocentWink.

Nice job, Bob. For me, easier to read with bigger print.

I do agree with you, I think we need a “Bang My Head On The Desk” button!

Looks good so far, I’m still getting use to it.

Wow, now I’m really impressed it actually posted this time. I had tried several times before and it wouldn’t post. Now I can start posting again. Thanks BOB.