Large Scale Central

testing ie11

Figured I’d see if after about a year, IE11 works now.

No fundamental problems posting.

Will research some more.

Greg

OK, something to do with the font formatting buttons…

This is bold done with the button

This is italic done with the button

Maybe it’s fixed now…

Just noticing the sticky on the home page, perhaps it can go now.

Greg

Not so sure there.

We just had a new member join and needed that sticky. Won’t hurt to leave it.

John

Well, now it appears to work well with LSC, but it absolutely gives me an error if I try to get into ebay! It tells ne I have spelled wrong. Aw c’mon!

Lou Luczu said:

Well, now it appears to work well with LSC, but it absolutely gives me an error if I try to get into ebay! It tells ne I have spelled wrong. Aw c’mon!

Well ya did spell “ne” wrong…:wink:

Interesting, no mods to my IE 11 setup, where was that post John? I’d like to nail down any settings that are needed that are not default.

Lou, have you tried typing in “ebay.com” right into the address bar? Works fine… I suspect you have an old link that has something funny saved.

Greg

Greg have you tried IE11 in chat? Just curious.

I had to dump IE for chat to work properly for me. But then I am not using 11. I am using IE8, since I haven’t upgraded to a new OS in a very long time.

Yes I am still using IE8 even though Microsoft says I am using IE11. Had to do the fix for the forums for that, but chat won’t play with me nice.

Interesting, Greg. Typing in what you suggested works, but when I go to the toolbar and pick anything, it says “page Can Not Be Displayed”.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Greg Elmassian said:

Interesting, no mods to my IE 11 setup, where was that post John? I’d like to nail down any settings that are needed that are not default.

Lou, have you tried typing in “ebay.com” right into the address bar? Works fine… I suspect you have an old link that has something funny saved.

Greg

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/22467/an-introduction

There you go

John

So, belatedly, I tried ebay.com and clicked on every item in every toolbar, and it works fine.

Of all the sites that MUST work with IE 11, ebay would be one of them…

I followed that link you gave John, and he states he needed the fix. Yes he probably had compatibility mode turned off.

I believe compatibility mode was introduced first in the beta version of IE 8 (!!) in 2008…

Of course that is only 7 years ago… :wink:

Greg

Oh, chat works, but not perfectly, no emoticons, and no list of who is chatting… but you can post…

Using IE 11.

None of the “icons” display. All I see are X.

In the “Quick reply” editor, the only thing displaying is Font Family & Font Size. Everything else is blank. If I move the cursor over, the function displays.

The regular editor is the same.

I am running compatibility mode.

Ralph

Ralph, are you referring to ebay.com ? If you don’t see the icons, then you have not updated something like flash, or you have some crap software like norton or trend micro or macaffee (sp?) that is set to block images.

It’s your setup, trust me, I have 12 computers, and most have IE11.

Greg

It was the setup. I had to turn OFF Compatibility View.

Ralph

Testing IE11

Seems to have worked with no problems posting.

I still prefer Firefox! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Me too!

And with windows 10, Edge is even worse!

Greg

Maybe it is time to go back to XP Pro operating system! Yes it worked just fine! And I would be very careful with Windows 10!

Paul

Not enough features for me, also the 64 bit version of XP was a pain for drivers. My watch runs more ram than 32 bit xp.

Greg

IE has always been a pice of crap, in my opinion. No matter what version of Windows you are running there is some set of glitches. I think Microsoft has one old guy with a Commodore 64 in the basement doing the IE development. You’d think with their desire to control every aspect of our computer environment they would have a browser that actually works with the operating system!

E. Paul Austin said:

Maybe it is time to go back to XP Pro operating system! Yes it worked just fine! And I would be very careful with Windows 10!

Paul

Back to? Gee, I never left.