Large Scale Central

Train World PGN Flash Sale

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/G-Scale-Polks-FLASH-SALE--Hurry-This-Deal-Won-t-Last-Long-.html?soid=1102543198138&aid=0ajw5zqWvwo

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I am running a flash sale promotion on the FA-1 PRR/Pennsylvania 5-STRIPE TUSCAN. Product #GXT22006

List Price $440.00
Regular Sale Price $285.99

Flash Sale Price $199.99
FLASH SALE - LIMITED TIME OFFER - LIMITED QUANTITY
NO BACK ORDERS OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST - OFFER ENDS 8/14/2014

Click Here For All Of Our Polks Generation Next Products

SHOP ONLINE WWW.TRAINWORLD.COM

OFFER GOOD FOR MAIL ORDER AND IN STORE PURCHASES,
IN-STOCK ITEMS ONLY, NO BACK ORDERS,
NO REBATES, NO REFUNDS, NO STORE CREDIT ON PREVIOUSLY
SOLD ITEMS, PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS - SHIPPING AND TAXES NOT INCLUDED
LIMITED QUANTITIES ON CERTAIN ITEMS, CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS

© Copyright 2014 TrainWorld LLC ® / TrainLand Inc.® All Rights Reserved

Published By TrainWorld LLC ® / TrainLand Inc.® All Rights Reserved

So tempted…

Ordered…

No Discipline !

:wink:

David Russell said:

No Discipline !

:wink:

Well in all fairness I told myself NO…NO…NO
But myself didn’t listen

:slight_smile:

Fortunately, I don’t run that eastern short line. Still, it does have bashing possibilities… :slight_smile:

Steve Featherkile said:

Fortunately, I don’t run that eastern short line. Still, it does have bashing possibilities… :slight_smile:

You know Steve that it’s fairly easy to strip the paint… I’m sure an SP&S FA would like lovely on your layout! :wink:

Craig Townsend said:

Steve Featherkile said:

You know Steve that it’s fairly easy to strip the paint… I’m sure an SP&S FA would like lovely on your layout! :wink:

That’s what I was thinking, Craig. I have an ex-Santa Fe FA-1 in the shop, waiting for the muse to strike. I plan to re-paint it in the SP&S’s original scheme, as seen in # 211, the B Unit in the below pic, mostly GN green with gold accents. Beautiful. Pics of an A unit are like hens teeth, rare.

Photo by:William J. ONeil on http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=116652

Holy ****!
I already have tracking info!!!

You have tracking info on my SP&S unit??? Wow, that’s fast! :slight_smile:

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Holy ****!
I already have tracking info!!!

How do you rate? My last order from TW took 5 days for the tracking and two weeks delivery. (And it was “in stock”.

$200 is a fair price for excellent locomotive. This is just what 1/29 needs right now!

Hey Ken - Great price on the FA-1. Wish I had some extra cash!

Why don’t you ask Bob to set you up a section in the Vendors & Manufacturer’s area. That way you can moderate the responses if you like.

Steve,

That is a beautiful paint scheme! I know the Alco’s traveled heavily down the Columbia Gorge post merger, but not too many made it up to Seattle and worked the branchlines at least I haven’t seen pictures of.

Craig, the decision was made to keep the ALCos on the old SP&S because the shops were familiar with them, where the rest of the BN system had never laid eyes on them, and would probably screw them up.

Steve Featherkile said:

Craig, the decision was made to keep the ALCos on the old SP&S because the shops were familiar with them, where the rest of the BN system had never laid eyes on them, and would probably screw them up.

Yep, even the none SP&S Alco’s got shipped to the PNW. The Vancouver shops must have had some really good mechanics.

Same same in the Hillyard shops.

That FA unit looks spiffy enough to be tempted, good thing I made my resolve long ago.

Train has arrived!
Going to check it out at lunch time

Did a quick test on my stationary rollers and all checks out fine.
I assume these are new-old stock?
But I have to say the motor blocks and the wheels run perfectly smooth, no waddle, very smooth operation.
Wish my Accucraft 45T had wheels as true as on this locomotive.
Hopefully I can test it out on the railway tonight!