Large Scale Central

1963 1/2 Galaxie 500

I swore I’d never get an old car again, after I sold my 56 Buick. But here I am again with another old car. 63 Galaxie 500 with a 352 engine(rebuilt) Good brakes, drives straight and stops straight(Buick never did) . New interior. I don’t plan to over restore it as I did the Buick, was afraid to park it anyplace. Paint on this is sorta thin, but looks okay from 20’. Just want to have fun with it and drive it around.

That is a beauty and in my top five favorite cars. Is it black, grey or green? It’s hard to tell on my computer. At any rate that is one cool ride. Congrats!

Terry

What you need in your fleet is a 63 Chevy Impala Supersport convertible…:wink:

If I recall right, the 352 motor was a police special engine. Normally the Galaxie 500 had a 390 in them. Bit of a slug but the 352 was a good engine. That engine family ran from 332 c.i. right up to the 427 Cammer.

Lojack Jerry, get a Lojack…just in case ya know…

Neat, we had one when I was a kid, '63 4 dr, and my best friend’s bro in high school also had one, '63 2 dr just like this, both black like this, cool asset.

Looks like fun Jerry!

I remember it well, USAF Tech School Denver CO 1965 - senior airman had a light blue one which was awesome!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy…

real nice Jerry,
Kind of looks like the galaxie from the show Fast and Loud.

Thanks guys. I’m detailing it some, plastic taillights were cracked, chrome on the instrument panel was bad. Did the engine compartment some. Getting parts to put power steering on it. Just polished the wheel rims and they look better. Trim will be next. Color is sort of a dark gray metallic. Needed a break from trains.

That’s a great new “toy”, Jerry… Take care of her and enjoy…

She’s a beaut! My dad had a 65 with a 352. First car I ever drove. That thing could leave a ton of rubber on the road

Jerry,

Beautiful set of wheels.

My brother had a one for his first car. Maroon with a black interior. I remember the chrome decorations on the seatbacks getting very hot in the summertime.

If I recall correctly, you pushed in the Ford medallion in the middle of the grille to pop the hood.

My older sister took care of that car while my brother was away at college.(w/o his permission) She tried to move a tree with it. Nailed it right between the “O” and the “R” on the front of the hood. No injuries but the car was soon reduced to razor blades. Sometimes I think He’s still pissed off to this day.

Good luck and happy motoring,

Pat

Thanks guys. I had that front emblem off to re-paint it. That is how you open the hood is to lift that up. Got some new parts I need to get on it, but it’s been sooooo hot here. Cools off tomorrow.

Looks good Jerry. We will see how much you ‘leave it alone’.

:wink:

You are right David. New shocks went on yesterday. Might get a good door put in the barn to park it in there in the winter.

One of my first cars was a red 62 Ford Sunliner with the white top purchased for 300.00 in '69 - That was a beauty

Back in 1969 I had a baby blue '62 Galaxie 500 XL convertible with a 352 and a factory 4 speed. That car was a rocket, but very cold in the winter! My new wife (now 45 years together) named it Tinkerbell and painted it on the front fenders. Gee I wish I still had that car.

Thanks guys,

Getting power steering put on next week. With those big tires and my old arms it was hard to steer in tight spots. Just put a garage door in the barn with a remote and poured the pad in front for it today(sore back!) Will store it in there in the winter. Had to clean out the barn though, which was not a bad thing. Gravel drive out to the road is next.

Nice! My Dad had one.

I agree, you can’t just restore them to look at. They have to be driven. My SSR isn’t a daily driver, but she goes out often. A little dust, some rain spots–who cares.

I over restored my 56 Buick. Was so nice I was afraid to park it anyplace. You can see some pix on down the page or back a ways in this forum. So trying to leave the paint alone on this and just have some fun with it.