Large Scale Central

Updates

Anyway to delete the contents ?

the contents of updates?

the contents of a post?

the contents of the updates tab af the top of the page

You can “Mark all Read” but there isn’t a delete. If you look at “View All” it appears the system keeps all of them from the beginning of time!

It gets worse… it has a list of friend requests and messages. Even if you delete the message or address the friend request it’s STILL there!

What a mess… that DOES tell you something, that you CANNOT really delete an email message, it’s still archived somewhere… don’t like that… and it cannot be good for storage space on the server.

Just reinforces why I do not use the messaging system, nor do I try to accumulate “friends”… getting too much like farcebook.

Greg

Hmmm ?

when I open my message box by clicking on the messages tab all my messages are shown but at the bottom there is a delete button, just check the items and then click delete. they seem to be gone, but maybe they are archived somwhere but I can’t find them

Bill

Bill Ewing said:

Hmmm ?

when I open my message box by clicking on the messages tab all my messages are shown but at the bottom there is a delete button, just check the items and then click delete. they seem to be gone, but maybe they are archived somwhere but I can’t find them

Bill

I think he said updates.

Greg Elmassian said:

It gets worse… it has a list of friend requests and messages. Even if you delete the message or address the friend request it’s STILL there!

What a mess… that DOES tell you something, that you CANNOT really delete an email message, it’s still archived somewhere… don’t like that… and it cannot be good for storage space on the server.

Just reinforces why I do not use the messaging system, nor do I try to accumulate “friends”… getting too much like farcebook.

Greg

Though I don’t use farcebook, the rest of your observations were also my thoughts on this question.

And when I thought of the # of members on the site, I figured the storage space could be a sink hole over time.

Wow, I just noticed that box, a homer moment… D’oh!

My apologies to all who sent me messages through it, in this case ignorance was bliss, living in my own little world…

Presently it says 0, but I opened it anyway, quite a history… sorry.

I don’t book face time and rarely join chats, just not wired to think that way…

John

On another site, the amount of storage was continually referred to as a problem, and when the web site software was changed, it was cited as a reason that old posts and articles could not be brought “forward”.

Maybe Bob will notice this and can trim some of the old stuff we don’t need/want… clearly if we have deleted the messages ourselves, we have no further interest in them.

Greg

A delete button would be used!

Looking at this. Your “Updates” are any Activity Feed items that concern you, so deleting them from there would delete them from the feed as well. Hmm…

Bob McCown said:

Looking at this. Your “Updates” are any Activity Feed items that concern you, so deleting them from there would delete them from the feed as well. Hmm…

Are they the “Updates” or just notices?
Maybe in the Update folder it could be just notices of being updated?
That way we could see the update and acknowledge them and then clear notices.
I think that is what most think it is. I know I did.
Sean

Bob, how about just being able to purge our old emails from the “updates”?

The action of deleting the email could be linked to removing from the updates?

Thanks, Greg

Wow! You guys sure can create confusion.

Who is confused?

go to updates and you will see all your emails, even if you have deleted them.

Did you try this yourself?

Greg

Not really interested in the whole messaging thing, Greg. Not something I really care to use. Always would drather people just contact me on email.