Large Scale Central

Friday Night Ops

Last night had one of our regular ops sessions.

Interestingly, even though we have always started at 1400 local (traffic issues), we never seem to get anybody until 1530-1600. Last night we had 8 operators by 1400, and by 1500 we had 10!

The “shifts”, early bunch, then we lost half of them buy 1400 or so, the “long term”, one or two of whom were here 1000-2100, and the “late shift”, which started in about 1800.

Careful count showed 20 total folks here.

Not bad!

Other than the new folks not able to discern switch direction, the only problem was a new install of some very old 75MC equipment that pressing the emergency stop (not all stop), caused the loco to no longer function. Figured out if you turned it off, then on again it worked fine.

Odd.

Rail heads are shined up…do it again in two weeks.

TOC

What no pictures ? Tisk Tisk Tisk… :slight_smile:

I have literally thousands of pictures. I had to stop somewhere.

TOC

Nick S. said:

What no pictures ? Tisk Tisk Tisk… :slight_smile:

I guess his sig line is true…

Thanks TOC for reminding me what I’m missing… :frowning:

Trying to find myself a job back in Western Wa so I can attend Ops Nights again. :slight_smile: It’s been way to long not running over the railroad. Plus with no Rule G at Dave’s it makes the night that much better.

Craig

I used to be able to post photos here, but that was three forum software versions ago. I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Can’t be harder than setting all the switches right when following Austin up the hill…

TOC

We have Austin, you, jlcop, me as operators on the CCRy here, right? Anybody else?

TOC

TOC, just type the URL of the photo. No tags, no HTML, nothing but the URL.

Later,

K

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

We have Austin, you, jlcop, me as operators on the CCRy here, right? Anybody else?

TOC

Does Austin really count? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, well, have to be real careful there, boy.

TOC

I’ve been a guest there, a time or two. Haven’t made any dramatic FUBARs.

Steve Featherkile said:

I’ve been a guest there, a time or two. Haven’t made any dramatic FUBARs.

Truth?

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

I used to be able to post photos here, but that was three forum software versions ago. I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Can’t be harder than setting all the switches right when following Austin up the hill…

TOC

When you fig. out how to post videos and photo, let me know.

Doesn’t work with the new program on any computer here.

But we like to see your Fri.photos if you get it working.

I even have photos of Bruce Chandler soaking wet during a MONSOON ops session!

TOC

I cant read without pictures TOC Lol. Its been a while since I got to see pictures of your great layout.

Been about 8 or 9 years since I’ve been there. I’d be anxious to see what changes, if any, have been made to it…:wink:

Gee guys…nothing has changed in the way images are posted…just put the URL of the photo in the box and the site does the rest…do not use any tags commands or other gobbldy gook…KISS principle…I understand Youtube even has a SHARE button that gives you the URL that you just copy and paste right here…once again…no tags…commands or gobbledy gook…The only thing ya gotta watch for is spaces and weird funky characters as your file name…I always just used something like “compositereefer01.jpg” no caps,no spaces, and no dashes or underscores…

Things are just a wee bit different if you host your photos in a Freight Shed here at LSC.

As far as I can tell, you have to upload the photos prior to posting.

In the past, photos could be loaded to the Freight Shed from your post.

At least, that’s how I think it works now :wink:

Ralph

Yes that is a given…it was true in chat as well…but the basic how to get the pretty pictures in the post once they is on the internets ain’t…

Photos…geez I stoped regularly taking pics at Friday Ops ages ago. Got tired of fixing my camera, that Austin … well it ain’t always pretty!

John