Large Scale Central

Fenland Light Railway - say goodbye

The Fenland Light Railway, of which I was secretary for over twenty years, is now now more. Last weekend saw the last of the track lifted from the old site, and pre-positioned on the new site, located about 100m to the north in an adjacent field.

…and while we are talking about lifiting, some light-fingered persons lifted our $2000 track trailer off the site while nobody was looking.

As you can see from our little website, we run anything that will fit on the tracks without actually falling off - www.fenlandlightrailway.co.uk

We had come to the end of friendly negotiations with the previous site owner, vis-á-vis his every increasing and unrealistic demands for more rental, and who was doing a gouge on us worthy of the storyline in a cattleman western. So we up sticks and told him to go swivel.

My 2.58" to the 11.885" inch scale model of ‘Harlech Castle’ is currently having a redone paint job, so won’t be re-appearing any time soon as SWMBO has nixed me doing the paint-job in our hut by the riverbank, but it WILL get done as soon as the weather makes double figures - maybe July at the rate we are going…

You cna see what we used to get up to - deep in rural Cambridgeshire - on the only miniature NG line BELOW sea-level that we know of - right here on Youtube - tac’s trains fenland light railway

Thanks for reading and watching, and if anybody is in the neighbourhood this time next year, you can have a ride for free. Whinemeal, me and Broos and Pete are carrying on the format in a somewhat smaller scale, with Pete’s fine new portable track in action at least four more times this year - watch out for updates!

Best to all.

tac, ig, ken the GFT & The Building Site Boys

Thanks for this, Tac. Good luck with this move. I shall inspect your website as soon as I have dug out my snorkel, facemask and fins.

And bathing suit…

John Le Forestier said:

Thanks for this, Tac. Good luck with this move. I shall inspect your website as soon as I have dug out my snorkel, facemask and fins.

And bathing suit…

I went in au natural, take the plunge, John. No guts, no glory.

My guts conceal my balls.

Steve, the location would suit you just fine, seeing as it’s below mean sea level…

t, ig, ken the GFT and The Hydroscaphic Railroad Boys

John Le Forestier said:

My guts conceal my balls.

Got Dunlop Syndrome, do you?

tac Foley said:

Steve, the location would suit you just fine, seeing as it’s below mean sea level…

t, ig, ken the GFT and The Hydroscaphic Railroad Boys

tac - I try to avoid sinking vessels.