Large Scale Central

The Trinity Plan

I have been thinking about a new switching area and doodling on scrap paper and thinking things out, the other night while sitting in “The Reading Room” perusing the Jan/Feb 2011 NG&SLG, I came across an article on John Farlines Sn3 Trinity, Colorado. (Page 20 for those who want to follow along at home). The trackplan spoke to me…yeah…that has potential…

Of course I’ll have different industries, and perhaps different approches into the switching area, perhaps shorten the passing siding since its going to be an industrial switching area…perhaps mirror image the plan even?

So thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Hey, that’s pretty neat. I’d replace the loco shed with an industry…that should get the brain cells stimulated a bit more. :0 The sand shed might have to go, as there’s no place for any gondolas or hoppers, well, unless you leave them right in front of it; which might be cool. :wink:

I’d get the lettering reversed in the second drawing so we can read it. :wink:

Nice track work to play with.
I think I would reverse the two switches (mainline/runaround and mainline/warehouse). Also move the switch to the mine up to the curve to straighten the lead.Move the switch on the runaround to come off the mine lead to get down to the sandhouse. You’ll have to change the LH switch to the engine house with a RH switch.Too much parallel track.

Bart Salmons said:
The trackplan spoke to me.......
I would bet it was more along the lines of an "[b]Evil Laugh[/b]"..........;)
Dave Marconi said:
Nice track work to play with. I think I would reverse the two switches (mainline/runaround and mainline/warehouse). Also move the switch to the mine up to the curve to straighten the lead.Move the switch on the runaround to come off the mine lead to get down to the sandhouse. You'll have to change the LH switch to the engine house with a RH switch.Too much parallel track.
So Hollywood, In other words, you'd start over and change it completely :D Ralph
Ralph Berg said:
Dave Marconi said:
Nice track work to play with. I think I would reverse the two switches (mainline/runaround and mainline/warehouse). Also move the switch to the mine up to the curve to straighten the lead.Move the switch on the runaround to come off the mine lead to get down to the sandhouse. You'll have to change the LH switch to the engine house with a RH switch.Too much parallel track.
So Hollywood, In other words, you'd start over and change it completely :D Ralph
Well yes....no....maybe :) :) ;)

So…while puttering round The Shop today…I nosed through some HO scale track components I had on hand from On30 work, and discovered that I have everything to do the inverted trackplan, and it fits in with the existing track of the On30 layout…a bit of serendipity since I intended to do this in Largescale, but at least this way I can put it together and operate it a bit before commiting the resources to largescale construction…

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/bart_salmons/_forumfiles/A-Track-Plan1.jpg)

Now to think up appropriate industries to fit…

Bart,

I remember that one, it is interesting. I’d leave the engine house out and make it a service area with delivery of sand, oil/grease and coal. I think I would double track the mine, so you could do “ins and outs”. Mixed trains with the coach sitting at the Depot, cool.