Large Scale Central

Getting bit by the HO bug right now

Andy C and I operate on Mark Godwin’s HO Illinois Terminal Railroad on Friday nights. This is a real good switching layout. I’m feeling sparks of research and laying some track on the old layout under the large scale stuff in the basement. As I am tied up with “Flood Watch” right now, research is easy and something I can do anywhere. Fiddling with exploring the St. Louis Manufacturers Railroad, which is soon to be no more. Great little 42 miles of city running.

Strange how the world turns.

By “flood watch” assume you mean that you have moved what you can and are waiting to watch it flood :slight_smile: I recall that this is a pretty regular occurrence at the marina. We have a restaurant on the CT River that floods regularly as well. Hasn’t stopped them yet.

Watch out for the brown trout! :stuck_out_tongue:

Want to back to Micro Gauge do you?!?! TOC is into restoring older HO rolling stock including I’ve given him.

Paul

The January Model Railroader magazine has a 4x8 layout that I read through and kind of like the idea; it’s based on a Virginian RR coal ops, and the layout plan is a nice little plan. It has a 78" three track staging addition, and they also added a 2x6 module from a 2005 article. I’m considering copying that layout and working on it some in the near future.

Dont worry hopefully the bug will go away before your eyesight does.

Michael T said:
The January Model Railroader magazine has a 4x8 layout that I read through and kind of like the idea; it's based on a Virginian RR coal ops, and the layout plan is a nice little plan. It has a 78" three track staging addition, and they also added a 2x6 module from a 2005 article. I'm considering copying that layout and working on it some in the near future.
WE read the same thing.. Very interesting... But we have a layout so don't need another on.. Ho has a lot of advantiages and sure has a lot of hr's. of fun..

I ran HO as a kid. Only went to Large Scale when I got back into trains because I didn’t have any room indoors for a layout.
You sure have to love the large selection available in HO.
Ralph

So Noel…?

Tell me about your layout? Any pics?

Ya Micheal… There is some on photobucket and u-tube… Just scrow down to Little Truckee R.R. …
http://www.youtube.com/noelw71
It in a office trailer 10 X 40 foot. Modular layout. Run on a computer and abkout 9 trains that can run at the same time. Waiting for some ethernet cable to get to the Ho layout to do live stuff with it…

Have to find the link on Photobucket…
ok found it…
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x101/noelw71/
Have to scrow down to the ho stuff.
Let me know if want to know more about it… May not be good on This or other G gage forums It’s not Garden R.R. stuff. But we do have a lot of that on the video and photos on same links.

On photobuclet. http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x101/noelw71/Little%20Truckee%20Ho%20layout/
One photo silpped by… Not good. sorry.

Ric HO is a good choice. There is so much out their and much less expensive. Cant wait to see what you come up with.
You can even make your timesaver in HO scale

Like Shawn said… A time saver is a great way to spend time in a Ho small space…
Hope the flood watch ends. No one needs that stuff. We use to have it here every few yrs… Did our Geo shopping with a 16 foot boat a few times. Now the Gov. came in about 15 yr’s ago and built up the levees.

Fortunately, I can get my “HO fix” as an operator on Tom Harris’ Lakeside Lines. It is both a fun and challenging layout to operate on - DCC with radio communications to the dispatcher. My eyes can no longer handle the detail work in HO, but it is still fun to run the equipment.

I still have a china cupboard full of HO and British OO shelf queens. My fault - not theirs - that they are shelf queens. No place to run them, and they don’t have DCC. Still have an AHM Y6b that I purchased at Woolworths in January of 1969 for the princely sum of $23.99. And yes, it still runs, but it needs code 100 track to run on (BIG flanges!).

Best,
David Meashey

Ralph Berg said:
I ran HO as a kid. Only went to Large Scale when I got back into trains because I didn't have any room indoors for a layout. You sure have to love the large selection available in HO. Ralph
Similar journey here. I collected OO/HO for some years, both pre-nationalization UK and SNCF (with one or two DB, SNCB items).

There was never a spare room in my house in all those years, so I sold it all nine years ago and bought a computer. Seven years ago I discovered garden railways: Bachmann 1:22.5 and Aristo-Craft. Both products freely available over here and reasonably priced, in comparison to other marques on offer. :wink:

The HO bug bit me bad the last two years also. Lots and lots of options in HO.