Large Scale Central

Operations on a Club Modular Display Layout

Sunday morning of the Gateway Garden Railroad Club Winter Meet, we had an “OPs Session”. This was the report given to those of our club that showed interest. We’re working on the others.

“Currently, beside the “Timesaver”, which has 5 set out locations, there are 5 industries on the layout, if you include Andy’s sand towers. There are more industries that may join in with a change in “real estate” ownership of modules that changed hands at the Carlyle event on Sunday afternoon.

Sunday morning, we had a small impromptu ops session. A switcher assembled a train on the track of the Timesaver, closest to the mainline. A “freight run” brought cars from the inside “set up” tracks to the double passing sidings by the bridge, and left them on the outside track of the two passing sidings. A “local freight” exchanged like cars with like cars on 4 of the 5 industries. That is a box car for a box car and a reefer for a reefer. A “transfer run” exchanged cars from the “Timesaver”, bringing inbounds in on the second track in and picked up cars on the closest to the mainline. While this was going on we had a couple of trains running at times on the 2 mainlines. It all lasted about 1.5 hours, which seemed plenty long enough.

We’ve got lots of room for expansion of this and there may be tentative plans to hold these events on the Sunday morning of a train show at 10 am and 10 am on the Sunday morning of the Carlyle Weekend.”

IT WAS FUN!!!

Sounds like Fun Ric. Not sure I understand what you mean by “There are more industries that may join in with a change in ‘real estate’ ownership of modules that changed hands at the Carlyle event on Sunday afternoon.”

Are some of your club members getting rid of their modules?

Jon Radder said:
Sounds like Fun Ric. Not sure I understand what you mean by "There are more industries that may join in with a change in 'real estate' ownership of modules that changed hands at the Carlyle event on Sunday afternoon."

Jon, in effect, Yes… Old club members are selling their modules, and other club members are buying them up… these modules will be rebuilt to their own specifications… (which, as we understand will include more industries…).

I have an idea in mind, to redo my ““Quarry””, into a small industrial park… 3 tracks, with an industry on each track, and a loading dock on the third track, along with an interchange track to the inside loop of the club layout… Part of the inside switching yard will be the ““freight”” yard for the industrial park…

What he said.

Thanks - I get it now :smiley:

Andy Clarke said:
Jon Radder said:
Sounds like Fun Ric. Not sure I understand what you mean by "There are more industries that may join in with a change in 'real estate' ownership of modules that changed hands at the Carlyle event on Sunday afternoon."

Jon, in effect, Yes… Old club members are selling their modules, and other club members are buying them up… these modules will be rebuilt to their own specifications… (which, as we understand will include more industries…).

I have an idea in mind, to redo my ““Quarry””, into a small industrial park… 3 tracks, with an industry on each track, and a loading dock on the third track, along with an interchange track to the inside loop of the club layout… Part of the inside switching yard will be the ““freight”” yard for the industrial park…

can we have pictures? Pictures would realy help Andy. :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah…this thread is useless with out pictures?

Let’s see, pictures of what might happen in the future. That’s tough, but we’ll work on it. Pictures of what happened last Sunday Morning, not as tough. A local moves from the inside loop to the outside loop to drop off a compressed gas car and a older wooden reefer at the transfer sidings.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgolding/110216%20003.jpg)

We wait patiently(?) in the “Timesaver Yard” for the arrival of our freight pickup as both inbound and outbound tracks are full. Next to the “old Yardmaster” is Logan Smith, son of Dawn Kauling Smith and her husband, Jim. I’ve known Dawn, since she was younger than Logan and was one of two maids of honor in our daughter’s wedding. Yep, that’s Jane in the background telling Andy what he must buy. :wink:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgolding/110216%20006.jpg)

The compressed natural gas car is being dropped off at the “Transfer Sidings” across from the elevator. Sorry about the fuzzyiness.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgolding/110216%20005.jpg)

Logan couples to the compressed gas car for its trip to the “Timesaver Yard” from the Transfer Sidings.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgolding/110216%20008.jpg)

Ric Golding said:
Let's see, pictures of what might happen in the future. That's tough, but we'll work on it.
That's fine...but dad is the one always barking about pictures so perhaps a taste of his own medicine is in store? Can't believe that he actually typed all that....wait Jane wrote it for him didn't she? ;) I'm following ya' Geoff :)

Rooster, patiences.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgolding/110216%20006.jpg)

I want to know what Dad did or was currently doing in this shot?? He looks guilty and you have your eagle eye on him? I’m not bailing him out again!! :slight_smile:

Geoff & Rooster??? you want pictures of my brain??? can’t you at least wait until the Autopsy???

what part of ““I have an idea in mind??”” don’t you all understand?? Is there anything there that says anything has been done???

mumbling… these people need to eat more blueberries… :slight_smile:

Andy Clarke said:
Geoff & Rooster??? How about Geoff & SON!

mumbling… :slight_smile:

That’s all you ever do is mumble!
:slight_smile:

Andy Clarke said:
Geoff & Rooster??? you want pictures of my brain??? can’t you at least wait until the Autopsy??? what part of ““I have an idea in mind??”” don’t you all understand?? Is there anything there that says anything has been done??? mumbling… these people need to eat more blueberries… :slight_smile:

Andy would your brain be anything like a black hole? Sucks everything in but never get anything back out of it. :smiley: :smiley: here is the entrance to the railyard on the inside of the layout. that is Andys Loco shed he maid.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/geogeorge/_forumfiles/29.JPG)

here is Andys Quary, just to the left of the entance tot he rail yard.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/geogeorge/_forumfiles/30.JPG)

So now we all know what the area looks like that andy is talking about. Dont you just love a smart A andy :smiley: :smiley:

Nice modules… Whose are they???

I know your puzzled look, not much different than your grouchy look.

He has a look other than grouchy?

Puzzled, pleased and excited - all the same as grouchy.

I think I actually have a very very rare picture of him smiling somewhere?

Hold on to that. Its worth money, in some circles. Very rare, unless people around him are in pain.