Large Scale Central

On30dismals?

Are there any he asks?

Yes, there are.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

OK :slight_smile: Care to give me a clue as to where I can find some :slight_smile:

Have a look at the Backwoods Miniatures website - there is a VERY nice resin kit for a centre cab Whitcomb diesel -

(http://www.backwoodsminiatures.com/xwhit03.jpg)

On30 Whitcomb Centre-Cab bodykit designed to clip-fit onto an Athearn HO SW1500 donor mechanism. Superb quality moulded resin components with some crisply-cast whitemetal details. Includes turned brass handrail stanchions and all handrail wire. Our kit is designed for unbelievably easy assembly using adhesive. The four main one-piece mouldings (footplate, cab and a pair of identical hoods) are as good as - if not better - than some injection mouldings. Price: GBP39. tac www.ovgrs.org Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

How the hell did I do that? :open_mouth:

tac

PFM. :smiley:

Thanks hehehehe :wink:

Pacific Fast Mail?

I’ve got some brass made by them, but I didn’t know they were into 0n30…

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

naw, Pure F’n Magic. It’s a sailor’s term. You guys in the Army might not have been exposed to it. PD

We just called it FM in the Army…when I was there :wink:

…grinning…

FM ~ thread on diesels - Must mean Fairbanks Morse :smiley:

Yea, Jon, since this is a family site…that’s what it means…:wink:

What did I miss???
Wait…I like Alcos…On30…Ken make me one !

I tell youse guys, the Backwoods Miniatures site - http://www.backwoodsminiatures.com/ - and another one, based in Australia that I can’t quite put my paw on this minute, are THE places to see the very best that 0n3/30 has to offer as far as kits and bashing are concerned.

Perhaps Tony down there can put me wise about the Australian site that I once knew, but have since lost.

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund
On-and-off Fan of the Port Orford traffic Light

Backwoods is very nice. I did indeed visit it…more than once too :slight_smile:

I’m impressed by what is available on the Backwoods Miniatures site. Kind of thin on diseasals, though.

Yeah, well, as you know diesels are still kinda catching on here in UK AFA narrow gauge is concerned. They have not yet proved themselves reliable for long enough.

All kidding aside, BM tends to cater more for you guys than it does for the UK market. Remember that over here we have our own 0-scale narrow gauge following in 016.5 - narrow gauge 7mm running on H0 track or similar Plenty of dismals there from a few British makers - mostly craftsman-style kits in etched brass or n/s.

And expensive, too, at least by comparison with resin.

See the 7mm NG Association web-site - http://www.7mmnga.org.uk/

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration fund

larry mosher said:
Are there any he asks?
Bockman and Accu have a few, (I think). I don't wanna start any rumours.

Model Power has an HO Plymouth 4-wheel industrial diesel that’s actually got an O body. An example of body is in Jay Reed’s book Critters, Dinkys, and Centercabs.

It’s actually one of the items that got Yahoo Group On30 Conspiracy its name, so cheap to get in to On30 that it had to be a conspiracy, or something like that.