Large Scale Central

Kaskaskia Valley Railways Spring Ops 2010

Geoff George asked in TrainOPs -

'Two weeks Ric. Are you ready yet? I have my SD70 ready to go and I am working on the PA/PB set up as well. Barry has my Steamer ready to go. I can’t wait. If you need a hand let me know. I can show up early and help out. That would give me more time to bug Andy too. wink I could blaze thought Consolidated with out asking or something like that. Really can’t wait."

The simple answer is NO. Working on it Geoff and we’ll work on it right up until the time people start showing up.

We are referring to the “Spring OPs Session” of the KVRwy. It will be held the first full weekend of May. It was originally set up to be Sunday afternoons, however some friends came over to help on the Saturday and then friends started coming over on the Friday. We will not expand it any further than that. So on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Noon until we decide we don’t want to run anymore, we’ll be scheduling Operations for all that want to attend. We use RailOPs software to control the flow of the trains and the switching moves. Track is set up for battery use over most of the outside and then the basement is under track power, so there is a place for everyone to run. This is a small narrow gauge railroad, but if visiting equipment can have its wheels adjusted they are allowed to run. Ever seen a model of an SD70 on narrow gauge trucks? Watch for pictures. Kadee couplers are preferred, but many others are tolerated or we can provide a conversion setup.

Here is an article about a previous OPs Session -

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=67

Here is a tour of the KVRwy -

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=53

If I hadn’t committed myself to go to Bob’s 'Build-A-RR" event I would have liked to try and make it out to the operating session (with or without my trusty co-pilot, Bart). However lots of pictures would be nice to remind me of the good time I missed…:wink:

“However lots of pictures would be nice to remind me of the good time I missed.”

We kind of get wrapped up in the moment and forget the camera, but we’ll try. I understand setting the priorities of “Bob’s Build” and wish I could make it to that, also.

Once I get the RR up and running, I’ll make sure not to schedule the North East leg of the operations route to conflict with anyone else.