Large Scale Central

Mini Me!

I finally have some pics of my self-portrait figure. First, here’s one of the pics I used as reference:

Here’s the unpainted figure:

And here’s a front view of the painted figure. I’m not sure why, but it looks better in person than it does in the photos:

I think the hair on top of the head probably should have been a little taller. Side view:

And here’s an example of how it will look on the layout:

Eventually I plan to build a model of my Trooper, complete with miniature versions of my aerial photography rockets, and set up the figure to look like he’s about to launch one of the rockets.

Very nicely done. Does the mini-me have contacts? :wink:

Seriously, you’ve done a great job with the face and hands. I always have trouble with those. Nice paint job!

Heh! No contacts but I don’t wear my glasses all the time anyway. I actually made some glasses for “Mini-Me” but they didn’t quite look right.

Hands are a pain to model because they’re so delicate, it makes it hard to shape them.

Based on the picture, I’m assuming this is #1 in a series of 2? :wink:

More than two! She’s the oldest of our six grandkids. I want to make figures of all our family members.

Great job, Ray.
I would suggest you make molds of all your figures. You might have a new sideline.
Ralph

Looks great Ray. If you recall, Richard had problems with the glasses on one of his figures. They must be pretty tough to do if both of you talented guys have problems making them :smiley:

And I agree with Ralph - I think castings would easily sell. Probably never make you rich, but might help support your hobby :smiley:

Great work Ray! You really nailed your character so to speak :slight_smile: